Mentoring for ASA Level 2
What will this workshop enable me to do?
You need to be an experienced ASA Level 2 Teacher willing to contemplate and develop your own teaching skills
The 2 hour workshop will enable you to:
- Understand ASA level 2 content and outcomes
- Understand good practice for an ASA Level 2 swimming teacher
- Develop knowledge of the latest teaching practises for skills
- Identify latest teaching practises for the four strokes to ensure the class room theory is in line with the practical teaching.
- Equip learners on courses with effective feedback skills to enhance learning and self-motivation
What skills do I need to apply?
- This is a practical workshop with minimal written work.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and protecting children and adults
- Knowledge of Core Aquatic Skills
- Knowledge of BLABT
Why choose Aquability?
We are unique in using mentors to support learners on our courses and mentors play an important role in the success of the courses.
As active ASA tutors delivering numerous Level 1 and 2 courses over the year we are knowledgeable about latest updates and qualification updates. Alison is an ASA Advanced Practitioner supporting the Tutor Training Programme which could be the next step on from mentoring.
Mentoring can lead onto career development such as becoming an ASA Tutor.
What course are available?
This course is a pre requisite for any one wanting to become an Aquability mentor
Plan a date
How to book a course
To book a course email Fay with the course title and dates you are interested in
What’s the next step?
- Mentor on an Aquability course
- Apply learning to everyday teaching
- Consider applying to ASA Tutor Training Programme