SEQ Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers
What will this qualification enable me to do?
This qualification gives learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach babies and toddler swimming lessons if they are already qualified Level 2 Teaching Swimming teacher. It is a practical based qualification which replaces the Level 2 Pre-School Swimming qualification. This qualification links to the Swim England Pre-School Framework, covering Discovery Duckling 1-4 and Duckling 1-4 Awards.
What skills do I need to apply?
- Written work to include an overview, lesson plans, written questions and professional discussions, assessments and action plans
- Practical teaching in the pool taking classes of babies and toddlers through fun and games in a work place environment taking part and full lessons at different age ranges
- Knowledge of child development and how this applies in the pool
- Knowledge of safeguarding and protecting children and adults
Why choose Aquability?
We tutor the course in a fun and safe environment meeting the needs of our learners. Our tutors have vast experience in this area and will be able to enhance your learning and experience with excellent knowledge including special needs.
What courses are available?
SEQ Level 2 Award in Teaching Babies and Toddlers is aimed at Level 2 swimming teachers who want to acquire specialist knowledge delivering aquatic sessions in an baby and toddler learn to swim environment. This course will be tutored online using Zoom for the theory sessions and the practical will be in a workplace placement after the theory has been completed. The course must be completed within 12 months.
be 16 years of age or older on the first day of the course
hold the SEQ Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification (or ASA equivalent)
|SEQ Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers||
Zoom online learning
Practical will be after the theory in a workplace placement
How to book a course
To book a course click here to register on line with our our contact us page. On this page is guidance as to how to choose your course. This will then go to our admin staff who will be in touch regarding spaces and availability.
What’s the next step?
Once you have completed your SEQ Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming to Babies and Toddlers you can consider the following
- Take time to consolidate your skills
- Complete a lifesaving qualification such as NRASTC
- Complete a SCuk safeguarding and protecting children course
- Consider further training to teach school swimming
- Consider further workshops
- Gain insurance
- Gain a DBS