SEQ Level 2 Swimming Teacher
See what we do on the course
What will this qualification enable me to do?
You need to be 16 years of age at the start of the course and completed and passed your Swim England SEQ Level 1 swimming assistant (teacher). We recommend that you consolidate your Swim England SEQ Level 1 swimming teacher and gain experience of teaching Swim England stages 1 – 7 of the learn to swim pathway (LTSP)
Once qualified with your Swim England SEQ level 2 swimming teacher you will be able to teach your own classes, planning, delivery, assessing and supervising an Swim England SEQ level 1 swimming assistant in the teaching of Swim England LTSP.
What skills do I need to apply?
- Written work to include series of lessons, lesson plans, lesson overviews, assessments and action plans
- Practical teaching in the pool taking classes and supervising your Swim England SEQ Level 1 swimming assistant under the supervision of Swim England SEQ Level 2 swimming teachers mentors
- Knowledge of swimming skills and the four competitive strokes
- Knowledge of safeguarding and protecting children
Why choose Aquability?
Aquability run SEQ Swim England SEQ Level 2 Teaching Swimming courses typically over 7 to 8 days. We tutor the course in a fun and safe environment meeting the needs of our learners. We provide two tutors which allows more attention and support for all on the course which includes regular face to face feedback. During the practical session we use our own Swim England Level 2 swimming teachers who have had training in mentoring at this level to support you throughout the practical sessions.
What course are available?
The SEQ Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification is a practical qualification, which develops the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to be a Swimming Teacher.
This qualification builds on the knowledge, skills and abilities developed in the SEQ Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification. When achieved it ensures swimming teachers can effectively and independently plan, prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate a series of swimming teaching lessons.
SEQ Swim England Level 2
29th, 30th June
6th, 7th July
13th, 14th July
|9.00 - 4.00pm||
Zoom on line learning
Work place assessment
How to book a course
To book a course click here to register on line with our our contact us page. On this page is guidance as to how to choose your course. This will then go to our admin staff who will be in touch regarding spaces and availability.
What’s the next step?
Once you have completed your Swim England SEQ Level 2 Teaching swimming you can consider the following
- Take time to consolidate your skills
- Complete a lifesaving qualification such as NRASTC
- Complete a SCuk safeguarding and protecting children course
- Consider teaching Babies and Toddlers
- Consider further training to teach school swimming
- Consider further workshops
- Gain insurance
- Gain a DBS