Making Swimming Deaf-Friendly
Delivered by the National Deaf Children’s Society.
What will this workshop enable me to do?
The 3 hour workshop will enable you to:
- Understand the impact of deafness on young people
- Develop Communication methods
- Learn How to adapt activities
- Tips for welcoming deaf children
- Learn some basic British Sign Language (BSL) for general conversation
- As well as BSL specific to a swimming pool environment
Everyone attending will be provided with training packs with resources and and information booklets will also be available.
What skills do I need to apply?
- This is a practical workshop with minimal written work.
Why choose Aquability?
Between us we have over 50years of experience both as Tutors and teachers with experience of SEND.
What course are available?
Is open to anyone working in the pool environment
17th September 4-7pm Bromley High School £30
How to book a course
To book a course email Fay with the course title
What’s the next step?
- Consider a BSL signing course
- Apply learning to everyday teaching
- Educate the swimmers you teach or Colleagues you work with.