Primary School Swimming Key stage 1 & 2
- National Curriculum Training Program (NCTP) Fundamental of school swimming
- National Curriculum Training Program (NCTP) Aquatics of school swimming
What will this qualification enable me to do?
It equips school staff with the right skills and knowledge to deliver high quality school swimming lessons to help ensure that your school not only meets but exceeds the national curriculum requirements.
Fundamentals of School Swimming – once completed the holder will be able to actively assist and support a more qualified teacher. Candidates can then progress to the second training programme.
Aquatic Skills of School Swimming – once completed the holder will be qualified to plan and evaluate session plans in line with the national curriculum and teach independently within a school swimming programme.
Includes a set of Aquatics in the National Curriculum Activity Cards giving fun, varied and progressive introductory activities for children learning to swim and a learner guide to support them through the training.
What skills do I need to apply?
- Some written work including lesson planning and series of lessons
- Practical teaching in the pool under the supervision of Swim England Level 2 swimming teachers
- Useful to have some knowledge of swimming skills and strokes however not essential at this point in your journey
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum is useful.
What course are available?
Open to anyone working in a school swimming environment: school teachers, classroom assistants, learning support staff, nursery nurses, qualified swimming teachers, parents, PGCE students or other helpers.
National Curriculum Training Programme (NCTP)
@Sidcup Leisure Centre DA15 9AE
How to book a course
To book a course click here to register on line with our our contact us page. On this page is guidance as to how to choose your course. This will then go to our admin staff who will be in touch regarding spaces and availability.
What’s the next step?
Once you have completed your Swim England NCTP course you can consider the following
- Take time to consolidate your skills and apply within your own teaching
- Complete a lifesaving qualification such as NRASTC
- Consider further workshops